Wow, has this been a busy (and beautiful!) summer.
There’s been no shortage of amazingness in my life lately — I’m dying to catch you up!
Let’s start with this amazing summer salad that I’ve been in love with forever. If you’re lazy, you can get it at the PCC deli counter (like I’ve done for the last couple of years). But if you don’t feel like paying $9/lb, this is SUPER simple to replicate, ridiculously inexpensive, and so damn good you won’t want to eat anything else for a week (really — I’ve been eating this non-stop).
Perfect Protein Salad
What you’ll need:
- two cans garbanzo beans
- one large cucumber, diced
- two stalks of celery, diced
- two medium-sized carrots, diced
- 1/4 sweet white onion (or whatever type of onion you fancy), diced
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped (use less if using dried dill)
- one clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- half juice lemon
- 1/2 cup Veganaise (I always choose soy-free)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- black pepper to taste
How you’ll do it:
Mix it up in a large bowl. Chill. Inhale.