We’ve got a fun game going on called “get as creative as you can with whatever food is in your house because: PANDEMIC!” It’s sparked some delicious ingenuity and resulted in some fab meals!
You could easily use any root-like vegetable for this dish. We had on hand: cauliflower, turnips, and carrots.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
For your “wings”:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 large carrots, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large turnips, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp gluten free flour (we use the cup 4 cup, but guessing cassava would work, too)
- 1 tbsp himayalan salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Green onions (chopped for topping)
For your Ranch:
- 6 oz plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp half and half
- 1 tbsp green onions, finally chopped
- 1/2 tsp himayalan salt
- 1/4 tsp onion granules
- 124 tsp garlic granules
- Black pepper to taste
HOW TO DO IT:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Toss your veggies in a large bowl with olive oil. Add your gluten-free flour and salt and toss until fully coated.
Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 18-20 minutes, tossing every 5-6 minutes.
Melt your butter in a large bowl. Whisk in hot sauce.
Remove your veggies from the oven and transfer to a large bowl.
Pour the hot sauce/butter mixture over them, tossing gently until well coated. Return veggies to sheet pan and roast for and additional 17-19 minutes, tossing a few times.
While your veggies are roasting, whisk together all ingredients for your ranch. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Sprinkle green onions over the veggie “wings” and serve with ranch for dipping (drenching).