Brussels sprouts: one of my very favorite veggies. Despised by many, loved by few.
I heard someone once say, “they’d be a whole lot more popular if they were marketed as a mini cabbage.”
Now that, my friend, is the truth.
I’m afraid I can’t give credit where credit is due, as I pillaged this recipe from a blog who’s www has since escaped my memory. BUT, know that it came from somewhere great.
Introducing the Brussels Sprout Chop:
What you’ll need:
- One big old bag of Brussels sprouts (stems chopped, outsides peeled)
- Toasted walnuts (a big handful will suffice)
- A healthy amount of shredded pecorino (or any dry cheese)
- Enough olive oil to coat the sprouts (a couple of tablespoons should do).
- Half of a lemon, juiced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
How to do it:
- Throw it all in a big bowl, give it a toss, and EAT!